EGDRC is expected to be a central coordinating point for desalination and water reuse applied research and training activities in Egypt.
Facilities of the EGDRC will serve as a proving ground and center for public education on water.
The mission of EGDRC will be to conduct research for the development of cost-effective, robust desalination technologies that produce sustainable new supplies of water for different purposes. Moreover, the Center will seek to bring together scientists, engineers, water policy-makers and water system operators in Egypt, Middle East and Africa region to work on areas of research that will reduce the cost of desalination.
- Building national capacity and capabilities in water desalination.\
- Reduce the cost of desalination.
- Investigating some areas of membrane technology including fouling assessment and control, pre- and post-treatment, cleaning, and concentrate/brine treatment and disposal.
- Characterizing groundwater and seawater supplies to use as sources for water desalination.
- Water shortage, deterioration in water quality, energy crises and the increase in population.
- Working staff, M.Sc and Ph.D students for their research.
- Opening channels with the worldwide similar centers in collaboration research projects.
- Creation of a web site presenting e-learning sessions
- DRC will ensure that an efficient and effective EGDRC governing structure is in place
- A EGDRC Director, the Principal Investigator of the project, who is the primary contact to the EGDRC.
- A EGDRC Management Team, generally called the Executive Committee, advises the EGDRC Director on all aspects of Center management.
- An External Advisory Committee, EAC, serves in an advisory capacity to the EGDRC.
- The international network will be maintained, i.e. partners will take care of the follow-up.
- The local network will be maintained, i.e. the partners will meet regularly.
- Finally, the initial network will be enlarged to incorporate other domains or entities, i.e. new research teams join the Center.
- Ministerial/Prime Minister's decree for the establishment of EGDRC as part of DRC.
- Research and development
- Technical support
- Quality lab