Siwa research station
Siwa depression is 18 m below sea level, and is located 300 km South West of Marsa Matruh, and 600 km west of the Nile Valley.
The station consists of two farms " Tegzerty and Khamisa" about fifty acres for each.
Objectives and activities of the station
1. To study the problems of livestock , poultry and fish production for its maintenance and development under the conditions of the desert environment in addition to the development of pastoral resources
2. To study palm and olive species to breed the best for the purpose of economic exploitation and social development.
3. To participate in the development and the spreading of wheat and maize cultivation in Siwa in order to reach self-sufficiency and change some habits and patterns of agriculture.
4. To work on sand dune stabilization and reduction of wind speed
5. To study the problems of drainage
6. To provide extension and consultancy services to farmers and investors in desert and newly reclaimed areas