Animal and Poultry Division
- Increasing livestock productivity under desert and marginal environmental conditions.
- Conducting applied research work to find alternative resources to combat feed shortages.
- Utilization of recent approaches of biotechnology to enhance the scientific activities of the division.
- Creating a real and fruitful cooperation with the Bedouin peoples to benefit the results of our research programme.
- Utilization of natural rangelands as the main source of feed, augmented by feed supplement treatment of unpalatable range plants for the use as animal feed.
- Utilization of agro industrial by products as animal feed, and utilization of animal waste in diet and in biogas production.
- Applying the recent approaches and techniques in the field of animal and poultry nutrition.
- The reproductive performance of desert animals.
- Housing of desert animals.
- Adaptation to desert conditions, including heat stress and water salinity.
- Studying toxic plants in natural range areas as well as parasites and diseases specific to desert areas.
- The different characteristics of local wool for industrial use.
- Early selection for fleece quality.
The division consists of five scientific departments, and each department consists of a number of research units:
1-Department of Animal and Poultry Breeding:
- Animal Breeding Unit.
- Poultry Breeding Unit.
- Meat Production and Technology Unit.
- Dairy production and Technology Unit.
2-Animal and Poultry Nutrition Department
- Ruminant chemistry and nutrition Unit.
- Ruminant physiology and nutrition Unit.
- Poultry nutrition Unit.
3- Animals and Poultry Physiology Research Department
- Physiology of adaptation Unit.
- Physiology of reproduction Unit.
- Avian physiology Unit.
- Desert animal ecology Unit.
4- Animal Health Research Department
- Parasitology Unit.
- Infectious diseases Unit.
- Nutritional deficiency diseases Unit.
- Toxicology and environmental pollution Unit.
5- Wool Production and Technology Research Department
- Wool biology Unit.
- Wool technology Unit.
- Histology Unit.